shabby blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beginnings

Here is my attempt to begin documenting big and little life events for our family in hopes that one day we will enjoy being able to look back and remember all the little things that we seem to forget over the years! I like to think of it as an online scrapbook.

First things first- lets start here, April 25, 2009 
It was a perfect day we will never forget! Trip and I got to marry each other! Life with my best friend!

And our world will never be the same since this little man entered our world on February 18, 2011

We didn't know if you were going to be a boy or a girl. I was thrilled when daddy said "it's a Brooks".
We had lots and lots of visitors at the hospital. So many people love you Brooks and are so excited you entered this world!


Here are a some pics to catch us up on the first 3 months of life
on the way home from the hospital- aghhh!


first playgroup!

first young life club, you were a big hit!

1 month appointment!


first smiles!


first trip to Sea Island, touching the ocean!

first bath




first picture with your cousins

perhaps a taste of what's to come with this little personality, YIKES

Brooks visits my class from Schenck for the first time! They loved seeing Brooks





Life is sweet and we are figuring this baby thing out.  Brooks is becoming more and more fun by the day (especially now that he is sleeping through the night). Trip and I were able to get away and go to Boston for a few days and it was so nice to have quality time with no distractions. I missed Brooks so much and it was so strange to have him away from us but I learned quickly how important it is for Trip and I to invest in our marriage and have intentional time focused on just us. Thank you grandmama and d-daddy for keeping the little man!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are doing this! I loved reading it and I look forward to what's to come! Brooks, if you're reading this, you're one lucky boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! we love our neighbors and pals!!!!

    ReplyDelete