shabby blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's go time!

We are finally all settled in at Trail West, we had to stay in a hotel in Buena Vista the last two nights before we could move into our room at camp because the other session was still going on. The little man did pretty well on his first big day of traveling, he got his pair of delta wings for his first flight ever! He only cried a little bit on the plane, not too bad, but just enough to make me sweat a little. Everyone around us was great. And then he slept most of the bus ride. It went well but traveling with a baby is a whole nother ball game; security with formula, looking for elevators, checking the stroller, family bathrooms, carrying luggage............ all I can say is thank God for my husband.
I wouldn't want to do that alone.
I'm excited about our assign team and work crew and summer staff. The girls summer staff coordinator was unable to come so I offered to help out some with the summer staff girls when I can. I'm really excited to have the opportunity to love on these girls and just get to know them better and give them a little bit of direction and discipleship while i'm here. One of them even goes to Samford!
Families come tomorrow and Trip has been busy getting ready with his program stuff. Can't wait to see it all tomorrow as they welcome the families. And I'm also so excited to hear Randy speak. Susie has been a great help lovin' on Brooks.
little man and I took a walk in town yesterday and came across our first wildlife. I really like deer!


A view from just outside our room, pretty awesome!
Not a bad place to play on your  play-mat 





Life at camp with a 4 month hold is a little challenging at times with nap schedule, feeding, and sleeping in the same room with him but when Brooks is happy, i'm happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment