shabby blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Sharptop

We went to Sharptop this weekend because Trip was helping with program for NW atl weekend camp. It was Brooks first trip of probably many to Sharptop! We had a great time. I loved seeing everybody and personally really enjoyed time just sitting and talking with some friends that were there. As difficult as it can be to pack everything up that Brooks needs for just a weekend and having him sleep in the room with us it is so worth it to be there. I could have stayed home with Brooks and had two good nights of sleep and not have to pack up my entire car but going to camp just gives me that feeling of purpose, and reminder that life is much bigger than wordly things. It gives me eternal perspective again and brings me back to a place of humility.
I am so unbelievably blessed that Trip and I get to be surrounded by such great community of believers and that he gets to have a job that gives highschool kids the opportunity to hear the truth about God and his love for them.
I also told a friend this weekend that there is nothing greater than watching people love your child. I pray that Brooks will have a young adult one day that will walk beside him and that will live out the gospel and spur Brooks on to do the same.
I do think I have an even greater respect for watching leaders love on highschool kids now that I am a parent because I imagine if these highschool kids were my own children, how much I would appreciate their love poured out onto my child.
It was cold!

Watching the program team practice


Beautiful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment