shabby blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Deck the Halls

"The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love."
Psalm 145:8
This verse was given at church today and I really really love it. It was a sweet reminder of the tenderness of my God. 
I LOVE this time of year so much. I love the magic of it! I confess I do love the wordly stuff: Santa, gifts, elves, christmas cookies, christmas music, lights, Christmas trees, nutcrackers and all that is so not Jesus centered! It's fun, it reminds me of being a kid and the pure joy and excitement of it all! 
Even though so many people do not truly grasp the meaning of Christmas, I love that our world makes such a big deal about this holiday, more than any other  holiday because ultimately...... it is because of the magnitude of the true meaning of it all. 
Our savior was born, 
a savior for all of us 
who desperately need a savior. 
I know we have a few years but I can't wait for Brooks to understand it all. 
I can't wait to see his excitement for Santa and to see his eyes light up on Christmas morning. 
I can't wait to teach him the true story of Christmas and to celebrate the birth of his savior!
Merry Merry!
first carousel ride



Our niece Maizy was in town and we rode the carousel at the mall with her. Here is some footage of the big ride. It's riveting. I did get a little nauseous standing backwards filming this on a moving carousel. Listen closely to Trip's sound effects.............



2 comments:

  1. Look at the Joy exuding from that boy!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it wouldn't let me watch the video...but I can tell you that i can hear trip's sound effects in my head. I would love to live life with him following me with his sound effects. i love your family!!!

    ReplyDelete