shabby blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

fan the flame

I'm thankful for my husband.
It's easy to get sucked into the ho hum of life and being complacent in marriage.
When you first start dating someone the little things just come easily.
You don't even think about doing the little things... you just do them.
And then life continues to happen and it's easy for the little things to fall away.
Especially with a child in the mix.
So we have to be intentional about the little things that make the big thing of marriage work.
So Trip brought me my favorite flowers home the other day.


And he took me on a date to the Buckhead Diner. And then to see a movie. (so what it they were both on gift cards)
And we left the little man with Uncle Daniel, Aunt Lauren and cousin Lanier


I am so thankful we have family to return the favor with and allow for mommy and daddy time. 
And on our date it felt like the way it was in the beginning. 
So here's to date night....... free of charge!

No comments:

Post a Comment