shabby blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

Young Life All Staff

We spent the last week in Orlando for the Young Life All Staff conference.
It was awesome.
Far exceeded my expectations!
It was great to get away with just Trip (and 4,000 other people) and to not be on baby schedule.
This was the longest we have been away from Brooks, and I was more than ok :)
Of course I missed him but so enjoyed my time away. It's healthy.
So nice to have to set my alarm to wake up and not have my baby crying as my 7:00 am alarm.
My mom got super grandmother points for keeping sick Brooks all week and taking him to the doctor.
The day after we left he got a fever and was feeling crummy most of the week!

I am not sure how to put the conference into words.
There was so much,
laughter,
tears,
fun friends.....
There was Jeff Foxworthy, Francis Chan, Tim Keller, funny program and inspirational stories of lives been touched by the mission of Young Life.
It truly gave us a bigger picture of the mission, it's so much bigger than our own little area.
The testimonies were phenomenal.
It rejuvenated my passion for the ministry.
It put my heart in check of the things that my heart desires and the things of this world.
Trip and I feel blessed and proud to be a part of something so much greater than ourselves.

a stadium at Sea World full of YL peeps singing Sweet Caroline!

We had one day at the parks, so much fun being with everybody!



space mountain has gotten a little rougher since they re-did it.
We all felt a little abused afterwards.
And yes, I threw up on a roller coaster at Sea World, literally, on the roller coaster. 
My battle with motion sickness seems to get worse as I get older, we're praying about it.



and they had a personal fireworks show for us at Sea World!

We came home with very full hearts!
Our God is a very good God.

And some pictures of Brooks mom sent us while we were away!





No comments:

Post a Comment