shabby blog

Friday, April 13, 2012

Kick Ball

We went to our Young Life kickball game last night.
It was so fun for Brooks,
and fun for me,
because it occupied my boy between the hours of 5 and 8 which tend to be the worst hours of our day
Thank you highschool kids and YL leaders for entertaining my child
I say this a lot but it just warms my heart to watch these people love him.




watching the big kids play

learning the game of corn hole

"ok dad, so I put these bean bags in that hole?"

"now how do I get these things out?"

"mom this is SO fun, I just ate watermelon off the GROUND!"

" I just love these big hairy animals, and these cute girls are being so nice to me!"


One of the sweet high school kids came up to me last night as he was leaving and gave me a hug and said "bye Mrs. Doster".
eeeek!
he said Mrs. Doster
eeeek!
Another leader looked at me and said "did he just say Mrs. Doster?"
thankfully I wasn't the only one in awe of this.
I am not old,
I know i'm not old,
but I am starting to feel old at times,
like when they call me Mrs. Doster,
or when I don't know the song lyrics that everyone is singing to,
or when I think some high school fashion trends look stupid,
but even if they make me feel old sometimes, 
I love being around them....




Benji, possibly one of my favorite YL kids of all time! 
And he ALWAYS shows up for everything!
The kid cracks me up







1 comment:

  1. haha! I love it! I was laughing out loud several times reading this! SO fun! I loved thinking, "Oh how fun to think Daye will stand on the sidelines sometimes and watch the big kids!"
    You're a great mom Mrs. Doster
    :)

    ReplyDelete