shabby blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

Home from Crooked Creek

I am sitting in my living room,
reflecting on my time at camp.
We got home last night and I am feeling a little sad.
Although it was great to sleep in my own bed last night,
I already miss my community at Crooked Creek.
Saturday night we watched 205 kids stand up and decide to follow Christ.
205,
that's a beautiful thing.
That's what gives me life.
That's what makes me forget about all the things I don't have,
and makes me remember what I do have.
It makes me thankful for this mission of Young Life.
I am amazed that God still chooses to use it.
It works,
it still works.
God still uses a week at YL camp to brings kids to him.
I have never experienced such a powerful "real life" at camp as I did this past month.
The life stories shared were incredible, and I have no doubt that God used them to bring so many teenagers to him.
To see a room full of leaders with broken stories, changed from death to life and then give their time and energy to a bunch of teenagers is awesome to watch.
One person on our assign team was hiking with a camper and the camper looked at her and said "why are you being so nice to me? Nobody is ever nice to me" and this girl stood up Saturday night and decided to follow Christ. That's just one of example of so many stories like that.
YL is imperfect, run by a bunch of imperfect people but amidst all of it, God shows up and and does incredible things.
I can't really put into words what this past month has meant to me.
But one word comes to mind and that is "thankful".
Thank you God for taking me out of my little world, and placing me in a heavenly place.
Thank you for taking me to a place where I can truly be known, and I can truly be loved.
Thank you for taking me to a place where your hand is so big and your work is so clear.
Thank you for taking me to a place where I am little and you are big.
Thank you for taking me to a place where the conversations are deep and laughter is large!
Thank you for taking me to a place where my mind is clear and my heart is focused on things above.
Thank you for taking me to a place where hearts are broken but given the hope of you.
Thank you for taking me to a place where people graciously serve others with no agenda.
Thank you for taking me to a place where death becomes life and despair becomes hope.
Thank you God.

I haven't had a chance to upload all my pics but here are some.




bath with Fisher McCleskey



taking a stroll by the creek


just being cool


First time on a horse! He was so brave!


Great friends at camp.
Ben David, George, Jacob, Avery Kate, Ellie, and Lincoln


Trip's character. Leroy Hare, the evil Easter bunny.


No comments:

Post a Comment