shabby blog

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Potty Training

Lord help me!
Seriously,
Lord help me!
Day 2 of potty training here.
I could punch my hand through a wall.
Trip left yesterday for 10 days on a Young Life trip to Canada.
Somehow in my mind it made sense to start our 3 day intense potty training after he left.
So I am staying home for 3 days trying to get this potty training somewhat figured out with Brooks.
Homebound for 3 days without Trip, great idea Rebecca.
We have probably gone through about 11 pairs of underwear in the last 2 days.
Today was an improvement from yesterday but still lots of accidents.
It's hard having to stay home and stay so focused on him ALL DAY.
I know the accidents are to be expected from the beginning.
But it is so frustrating.
I know he will get it.
I just hope it's sooner rather than later.
Finally, after I put both kids to bed, ate my dinner and watched my trashy reality television shows,
I sat with the Lord (priorities are all out of whack over here).
Something I haven't done much of lately.
In my time I realized yet again that I need Jesus.
I have been trying to do so much on my own.
I have been relying on my own efforts and it's not working.
As a result I have been very impatient with Trip and my kids.
I am constantly trying to figure myself out as a mom and sometimes I get caught up in doing it myself.
I don't let others in to help, including Jesus.
I don't mean to do it this way,
life just starts happening and I forget to bring Jesus into it with me.
So many gross symptoms of this are creeping into my life and I hate it.
I hate me without Jesus.
I hate to think of what I am offering my family when I offer myself without Jesus.
It's much harder without Jesus, it's not always easy with him, but I know it's much harder without him.
I don't beat myself up over it,
because I know that's not what Jesus wants me to do.
It's refreshing for me to realize my need for my God.
I think it's healthy, because we are always going to slip, fall away from him. It's inevitable.
It's finding our way back that means the most.
I believe that brings God the most Joy.
While my kids bring me so so so much joy and love that I never thought possible,
I know that if I don't come to Jesus more often, I am never going to make it through this world as a mom and a wife. Because right now, everything they do is driving me crazy!
I am praying for this:
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.............and over all these put on love, which binds them all together." Colossians 3:12-14
 So,
Lord Help Me!

photo of the day







No comments:

Post a Comment