shabby blog

Monday, September 16, 2013

This Season

I just read a blog post from an older mom with kids in elementary school,
as I read her reflection of where she is with her kids.
 and how she misses them as they are gone so much of the day now,
I couldn't help but get teary,
it gave me perspective and appreciation,
in this season I am in, there are days when I want to pull my hair out,
and I seem to always look forward to time away from my kids, some time for myself,
but also this season has sweet, beautiful moments.
I know the future holds wonderful things and new experiences.
But I love this "slower" life we have right now, time at home with my babies.
Time to just be, to learn, to teach, to experience my kids day in and day out.
I love that we have days where we can wake up and decide what we want to do.
We aren't forced to go from one activity to another. We have margin,
I hope we always have margin.
I love that I could sit with Brooks tonight, just me and him eating dinner, and I got to talk to him all about our big weekend at Disney, we weren't rushed to do homework, get bathed, and ready for bed and another day at school.
I know that those days will be here before we know it.
So I want to try to remember this when he has a tantrum and I just want him to grow up.
I cringe at the thought of the day when I only see my boys just a few rushed hours of the day.
I know I don't have to enjoy every minute right now,
I know I won't enjoy every minute right now,
but I want to remember that this isn't forever,
that these slower days are not forever.
I want to remember the good,
there is so much good.
Thank you God for these boys in my life,
my heart is so full,
thank you.

Preview of post to come of our magical Disney weekend!










No comments:

Post a Comment