shabby blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

School

This is the first year EVER, in my whole life, not going back to school.
And it feels pretty good.
I couldn't be happier about getting to stay home with Brooks but I do miss school believe it or not.
I loved the first weeks of school teaching, it's like the honeymoon phase, everyone gets along, the kids are excited, nobody misbehaves, we are all well rested (now by Thanksgiving it's a completely different story). New supplies!
I miss the teachers and being a part of something. I miss the kids faces when they get excited about their success or a fun activity. I miss the tears on parents faces at the first conference when they share that their child is beginning to read for the first time and they have gained confidence in themselves.
So here's to all those teachers out there giving 110% to make their new kiddos feel like they are worth a million bucks on their first week of school!

Me with my very first class teaching (they were my favorite).... yes teachers have favorites

And here's to not leaving the house before 7am to go to work but staying home with this little guy instead!!



No comments:

Post a Comment