shabby blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Zephaniah 3:17

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save
He will take great delight in you
He will quiet you with his love
He will rejoice over you with singing"

The part that sticks out to me in this verse during this stage of my life is, He will take great delight in you. Being Brooks' mom has given me a new perspective on this delight that the Lord has in me, because I have such great delight in Brooks. He doesn't have to do a thing, and I just sit and admire him and love him. He makes me smile so much for no reason, he is...... delightful (most of the time)! And to get a glimpse of this gives me such reassurance and joy to know that the Lord feels the same for me. I can truly rest in that and know that just being me is enough for the Lord to love me and delight in me. There is nothing more that I can do to change that and I am so very thankful. These words are very comforting to me being the people pleaser that I am.
Just being me is enough....... and Brooks just being Brooks is enough.

2 comments:

  1. encouraging to me too . . . a fellow people pleaser - thanks for these words :) i can grasp it with the same admiration for my sweet Daye - you are exactly right, she doesn't have to do anything - she just is :) Love this post!

    ReplyDelete