shabby blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Brooks 1st Birthday

We had a great weekend celebrating little mans first birthday.
Who knew your childs first birthday party could be so exhausting.
I tried to keep it simple by not having to cook too much,
but somehow I always seem to feel the need to do more when we have people over.
I felt like a Martha all yesterday when I intended on being a Mary.
We just had family over last night to celebrate (which is 21 people) and Trip and I were exhausted after everyone left.
I still really enjoyed the evening.
We had a great time eating pizza, cake, ice cream,  opening presents and watching a slideshow of Brooks first year.
We are so thankful for our first year with a healthy precious boy.
And we are thankful to have made it through our first year of parenting!


Brooks,
You are a precious gift from the Lord,
you have brought us so much joy!
We can't wait to watch your little personality continue to unfold.
You're a sweet boy with a lot of joy!
We hope that smile continues to bring joy to so many.
We pray you come to know your Lord and savior at a young age so that you may experience life to the full!
You are an earthly example to your mom and dad of how much God loves us all.
We are thankful that God chose us to be YOUR parents.
We love you so very much!

he did not like everyone singing to him, too loud! 

didn't really know what to do with the big thing in front of him


Chappell wanted to show him!

kinda tasty!

oh no, it got loud again!

presents and tissue paper make everything better!




 Brooks had his playgroup pals over to celebrate this morning

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Brooks! I'm so glad you were born so I could have you as my pal! You have really nice blue eyes and such a happy smile that makes me smile too!
    Love,
    Daye

    ReplyDelete