shabby blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Training Ground

When I think about the season of life I am in, I think of training ground. 
I feel like I have been in a good place and soaking it all in.
For the first time in a while I am doing many things for myself.
It sounds selfish, but I think it is ok, for now, and with a healthy sense of balance.
For so many years I have been giving a lot,
young life, teaching,
and more young life, 
and more teaching.
and now I am home ALOT!
And my schedule is light.
I am involved in a couple really great bibles studies for myself,
instead of for highschool and middle school kids.
and so I have found myself doing a lot more of this.......

and it is all really really great stuff!
parenting books and books to strengthen my walk with the Lord.
I want to do my job as a mom the best way that I know how.
and I feel like this time right now has been like a training ground for what's to come in our future with our family.
But it is easy to get overwhelmed with all of it.
There are so many thoughts on ways to parent, 
and so many are great thoughts!
It's challenging because every child is different, and ever situation with your child is different.
There is no parenting formula.
and now that I am dealing with stuff like this....

I want answers like this.........
but unfortunately that's not how life works.
so I will take in all I can. 
read lots of good books,
ask lots of great moms,
but ultimately,
I need this....
                 (my turquoise bible)

and a whole lot of this......
              (prayer)

And did you know that there are only 2 verses in the bible that specifically address parenting? 
2
and it's a really big book.
I just learned that this week.
Which reaffirms my thoughts on that last picture!
At the end of the day we need Jesus.
It always comes back to that,
the older I get, the more I know....... that we just need Jesus.





2 comments:

  1. fantastic words. love your heart & the way He has made you to be Brooks' momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love this! and daye says, "you can ride in my cart anytime brooks"

    ReplyDelete