shabby blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Windy Gap

Brooks has now been to 4 different Young Life camps in his first year of life.
I don't think there are many kiddos that can say that!
Brooks and I were able to go to Windy Gap this weekend while Trip took middle school kids for the first time in his area.

It was a cold but beautiful weekend.
I have to admit that while driving up in the midst of rain and tornado warnings Friday night with a crying baby I thought to myself " I don't think I am going to do this next year, it will be much easier for Brooks and I to stay home for the weekend rather than me have to pack and unpack the car by myself  and drive 4 hours in the dark".
BUT,
once we go there and got settled I was glad to be there and have a change of scenery.
and I know Trip loved having us there.
I love walking alongside Trip in ministry.
I am learning now with a child that it can be much easier sometimes to stay at home and stay on our own little schedule with Brooks,
but it is so very important that I continue to walk alongside Trip in his Young Life ministry.
I told a friend that the older I get the more I become so grateful that kids at camp get to simply hear a clear presentation of the gospel.
Regardless of how they respond,
they have heard it.
It is not our job to change them,
just let them hear.
it's the greatest thing we can ever do for a kid.


Living in the south,
I continue to be amazed when I hear kids say they have never heard the gospel that way before,
I guess because I have heard it so much I forget what it's like for them to hear it for the first time,
the way it is presented at YL camp.
Their world is so busy,
so noisy,
so cluttered,
with so many people screaming into their lives,
I love that they can sit,
and listen.
incredible leaders!

he loved looking out our window in our room


pure joy!





No comments:

Post a Comment