shabby blog

Friday, April 27, 2012

Regional Staff Conferene

We went to Sharptop this week for Trip's Young Life Regional Staff conference.
It's just a time for staff in the Georgia/Alabama region to get together once a year and reflect, be together, and cover business info for the year.
Spouse's and families are invited to go which is nice.
I love the Young Life family,
I really really do,
leaving the week,
this verse comes to mind,

"by this everyone will know that you are my disciples if you love one another" John 13:3-5

this is what I see when I am around these people,
people who truly love one another,
and this is why I think they are such an attractive bunch to be around,
because amidst all their faults and all their yuck,
they love Christ and they love others well,
they are the best at it,
it's their job.
I listened to some staff guys share as they were going to be leaving YL staff or leaving to go to a different area next year,
and the hardest part about leaving for all,
is leaving the people,
the family of YL,
it is truly like nothing else I have ever experienced,
there is a unique bond amongst staff and staff spouses,
I love getting to know other wives,
because there is always an instant connection,
a feeling that they know everything that is so incredible about being married to a staff person,
and a feeling that they know everything that is so difficult about being married to a staff person,
I feel like I can quickly go deep with these people,
that the surface level conversation can be skipped,
and depth can occur,
I have seen the way this group of people rallies around YL staff and staff families who have faced loss or tragedy,
I have seen the way this group of people prays and cares for one another,
I know that they will be the first to reach out to my family should anything ever happen,
I know that they will be on their knees in prayer for my family should anything ever happen,
and I am so thankful for it.
These are the kind of people that I want my own children to grow up and be like,
these are the kind of people I want my children surrounded by.





playin' with the big kids, no big deal


little boy staff kids




No comments:

Post a Comment