shabby blog

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Loving

Lately I feel like I have been smacked in the face with this verse,
"a new command I give you, love one another as I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciple, if you love one another" John 13:34-35
That's it,
that's what God wants from us,
greater than any other command,
 It was sparked by an incredible series at our church but this theme of loving one another seems to keep popping up in my mind,
It's so simple,
yet why is it so hard?
I have been convicted to love others,
not just when it makes sense,
when it's easy,
and the natural thing to do
but,
when it's not convenient,
when I don't receive any love in return,
when nobody else knows,
when it's family who can often be the hardest to love,
because it's safe, and they aren't going anywhere,
when it's somebody that makes me uncomfortable,
when it's somebody so different from me,
when it's somebody that nobody else loves,
when the world says don't,
when it may look radical to everyone else around me,
this is when I have to stop and ask myself,
am I loving well?
Am I loving this person the way God has commanded,
You see he doesn't ask us,
he commands us,
I want people to see my family as people who just love well,
who love radically,
who love with no strings attached,
I want that because I want people to know that we are disciples of Christ,
not just Christians,
but disciples.
Now the tricky part is,
as a human being,
I will fail 99% of the time,
but God can equip me to do it,
he can equip my family to do it,
to love well,
I pray now everyday that he would help me to love others,
to show me opportunities to love others.

to go along with this theme....
Good ole' Tim Keller speaking some truth about homosexuals,


And on a lighter note,
We took the kiddos to the Children's museum for the first time last week,
it was awesome!




My favorite, Daye sporting her scientist goggles


the po' po'



No comments:

Post a Comment