shabby blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lately

Lately we have been glued to the T.V. every night,
late,
watching the Olympics!
We love it so much!
We had some friends over to watch the opening ceremonies,
I made an Olympic cake,
I was very proud of myself because I am the most uncrafty person ever!


This year I have found myself really into the parents of the athletes.
Being a parent has perhaps given me a different perspective now,
I think about the sacrifice that the parents have made from the very beginning,
and how much pride, and nerves must be running through their bodies!
Heck, I have pride running through my body when Brooks points to his belly button when I tell him to.......... so I can't even imagine what they must feel when their child gets to represent their country in the Olympics!

Brooks is still very much into his cars,
he is going through a little separation anxiety when we leave him with sitters and at church or MMO,
he's trying to repeat every word we say,
and he loves giving kisses!


Dinner at the Youngs house


playing with bubbles at Naomi's 2nd birthday party

kissing his cousin Lanier at dinner,
just a little incest,
no big deal

wearing daddies hat

Piper is growing!
We are trying to manage life with a puppy.....

Hi!
Standing on tree stumps in the yard as we get two trees taken down!

And now I am really ready for the fall, so tired of this heat! 
I am always ready for the next season!

1 comment:

  1. Your cake looks great. And I love Brooks kissing Lanier. Hilarious commentary...

    ReplyDelete