shabby blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Can you say Nesting?

The last couple weeks have felt extremely long,
like a waiting game,
because Brooks was born a week early I have had it in my head that this baby will be early also,
and it might still come early but I thought it would have already come by now,
So while I still haven't hit my due date yet,
I still feel like this baby is late!
Everyday we wonder will this be the day,
and I haven't made many plans thinking that we could have this baby anytime,
so I have been "nesting"
really hard core "nesting".
I have cleaned out my car,
cleaned out the pantry,
cleaned out the spice cabinet,
put up new shelves for toys,
cleaned out the basement (really Trip did that),
vacuumed a lot,
cleaned out the junk drawer,
washed sheets,
hung pictures,
all things I would never be motivated to do otherwise!
There really is something to the "nesting" that occurs before having a baby.
I believe it!
I am so ready to meet this baby!
I'm trying to take advantage of these last days with just Brooks.
He's my little buddy and these last two years with him have been a treasure!





1 comment: