shabby blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mountains to Sea

Whoa!
We are back from our summer travels!
Trip had a great week at Frontier, 9 out of 15 guys in his cabin stood up at say so to announce their decision to follow Christ.
That's what it's all about my friends,
that's what counts,
that's eternal life change,
that's what matters.
He said it was probably his favorite cabin of guys he has ever had,
that's saying a lot considering he has had at least 15 years worth of summer camp cabins!
Trip met me down at the beach after his week of camp and we got to go out on a date (after he recovered from the stomach bug),
my sister in law asked us what we talked about over dinner,
and literally we talked about YL the entire time,
about camp and other things,
but that's our life,
it's often what we talk about because it's so much more than a job,
I wanted to hear all the details about his week,
because I get it,
I know the amazing life change that can happen amongst leaders and kids.
Trip felt bad about missing time with my family and me and Brooks at the beach for the 4th of July to be at Frontier but I reminded him that he was EXACTLY where he needed to be.
I wouldn't have it any other way.
And Brooks and I did have such a great two weeks at the beach with family.
I love being down there with everyone because being home can get lonely,
just me and Brooks all day,
I love my time with him but it's nice to have other adults and kids around all the time.
I could have stayed another two weeks for sure.
I love that my kids will get to have the same memories at the same house at Sea Island as me and my brothers had.
It's fun to watch all our kids play in the yard and pool that we grew up in.
That's special to me.
Brooks is saying more words by the day,
his latest obsession is his matchbox cars!
Oh my goodness, he is obsessed,
he says "car" and "beep beep" all day long!
He loved walking around in the shallow part of the pool at the beach club,
and he loved playing in the sand,
and pulling his wagon,
and loves the golf cart,
All in all, awesome summer at the beach!

outdoor showering it up every night!

4th of July parade


 riding with d-daddy, 
d-daddy didn't know I was taking the pic because he doesn't look very happy
our golf cart died in the middle of the parade!
But we filled it with bottle water to get us through the rest of it 
and then it died again at the very end,
rookie mistake


they loved watching William and Henry,
Brooks kept saying "bebe"

this is funny because Chappell never uses a paci


impossible to get a pic of all 6



mmmm Aunt Audrey's cookies





having a moment with cool Uncle Andrew

all about the sand

cake




William and Henry lounging, they are just the cutest!

pushing Mason

future looks so bright...

We have had an insane week coming back,
Brooks got the stomach bug,
I got the stomach bug,
a tree fell in our yard,
our basement flooded,
we have to get a new AC unit,
our house is hot,
our power bill is insanely high
somebody hit Trip's car,
I still have morning sickness,
and we are trying to train our puppy.
I want to go back to the beach,
but that's not reality,
I need more Jesus!




No comments:

Post a Comment