shabby blog

Monday, December 10, 2012

Big Boy

Our big news to report here,
Brooks has moved to a big boy bed!
He has done really well so far.
He fell out once last night but it didn't phase him,
he went right back to sleep.
I got sad as I was getting some of his things out of his crib and cleaning out his drawers.
I was so excited to get him in his new room and get him situated in the new bed before the baby comes but then I got all sentimental,
it is so easy to want to rush him into new stages and get excited about what's next,
but I feel like time is moving so fast and I can't ever get it back.
Of course there are some stages that I will gladly leave behind,
and as they say, the days are long but the years are short.
I'm thankful I get to fill that crib soon with a new baby!
I'm thankful I get the privilege and blessing of watching another baby grow up under our roof.
I am not sure how long we will be able to make it work financially without me working,
hopefully at least until our youngest kiddo is in school,
but I just want to cherish every day that I do have at home now.
Even when I get frustrated and tired of the day to day routine with a toddler,
I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Playing at Lanier's 2nd birthday party

having a "car wash" on a warm December day

he is all boy!

playing with his buddy Piper

in awe of the trains at the botanical gardens!
He is constantly saying "choo choo"



Brooks always LOVES having a buddy, especially cousins





No comments:

Post a Comment