shabby blog

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Just taking note

One thing I love about being a mom...
It keeps me in check,
I feel like it causes me to ponder a little harder about God,
and how he shows up in my life.
It makes me a little less dependent on myself,
and a little more reliant on him.
I guess it's because I have this overbearing feeling like these kids lives are in my hands and I don't want to screw it up!
I don't want to miss opportunities,
I don't want to regret,
I don't want to miss what God has planned for us as a family.
I simply want to be closer to Jesus,
because I know my kids (and husband) will be better off for it.
Being a mom and a wife is hard at times,
life is hard,
I don't want to look back and feel like I missed what mattered most because I was too busy chasing the mundane stuff in life that has no real significance.
God willing, that I go before my kids do,
I want them to remember me as somebody who was really close to Jesus.
not as a mom who was really skinny, had a great sense of style, and bought them nice things when they wanted them.
I want them to remember me as the one who prayed the most for them.
I want them to remember me as the one who always, always, always pointed them towards Jesus.
I got some work to do, not to earn my salvation or to earn more love from God because I know where God stands in his love for me,
but to set an example for my kids,
because I don't pray enough for them,
I don't spend enough time with Jesus,
and I do want to be a mom who "acts justly, loves mercy and walks humbly with my God" (Micah 6:8)
because that's the best I can offer them.






1 comment: